Frequently Asked Questions

Who can refer to Universal Community Behavioral Health (UCBH)?

We welcome referrals from psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, case managers, Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs), insurance companies, managed care organizations, MH/ID, children & youth, probation, friends, family members, self-referrals, and clergy. Referrals are confidential and can be made by anyone. The Meadows does not discriminate in accepting patients based on ethnic or national origin, race, religion, disability, age or gender. If you would like further information, please call 1-800-520-8224.

Will my insurance company pay for services?

UCBH is a Preferred Provider for most HMO, PPO, and managed care plans. UCBH also accepts Blue Cross/Blue Shield, most Indemnity Insurance plans, Champus, Medicare and Medical Assistance for both voluntary and involuntary admissions. As health care coverage and reporting requirements vary greatly, please let us assist you or your client in determining important benefit information. We do request that all copays are paid at the time of service. Individuals without insurance coverage may speak to the program about cost for service.

What should I bring to my first appointment?

  • Current list of medications
  • Previous medical records, if any
  • Insurance cards and photo ID
  • Any support persons you would like to participate in your care

If I have a problem on a weekend or during evening hours, who do I contact?

Each program with UCBH will establish a crisis plan with you or your child that will include phone numbers to call after hours. If those numbers aren’t available, you can contact Meadows after hours line at 1-800-641-7529 and someone will help you.

Who has to know about my treatment?

Your privacy and confidentiality are important to us, and only those persons you authorize will know anything about your treatment. We do encourage collaboration with your family physician and other care providers in many cases.

In addition, referrals from professionals can be made by fax or email using this referral form.